[aklug] Need some help finding audio software

From: Jim Wadell <jim.wadell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2014 - 04:47:28 AKST

Hello from Medellin.
I use recorded (mp3 and ogg) lessons for my English students, listen,
then say. I want to set up a program they can use which will re-record
the lesson audio, then their response. The idea is that they can then
listen to the composite and hear their own accent, mistakes, etc. I will
then build a USB stick with a minimal Linux distro, the software, and
the lesson files.

Some of the hardware here is pretty old, most running Doze XP, but a few
running ME. Two gigs of memory is huge.

Never really messed with Audio software, so I am flailing.