[aklug] Re: Introduction...

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 02 2014 - 16:09:08 AKST

> Nice to meet you all!
> --
>
> Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
> SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com

Hi Josh,

Nice to see you on the list. I kept running into your posts on the
Ubiquiti forums and guessed I see you here eventually.

Started using Linux for file serving in 1998 and haven't looked back.
Most of my experience is as a small rural ISP; I use mostly RPM based
distros but have dabbled a bit on the other side. I like FreeBSD
variants for routing and traffic shaping. Put up two new towers in
2014 and have more planned in 2015 + FTTH rollout.

Pretty much grew up in Alaska, some outside college. Two kids, 11 and
9. My 'other job' has been teaching music for 10 years, but I've had
to cut back due to the ISP expansion.

For a while there was a fairly active #fossak irc channel, and there's
still an #aklug, but I haven't been on it in a while. Maybe it's time
to resurrect it.

Jeremy Austin aka jermudgeon
Whitestone Power & Communications