[aklug] Re: OT DNS and Domain Registration question

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Wed May 07 2014 - 14:27:06 AKDT

At first blush I would have to suggest that much of the answer to your
questions may lie in exactly what "design a new website" means. If the
developer is hosting the new site and the site contains arguably
proprietary resources, I suppose there might be some reason the
developer does not want anyone else "snooping about". If you are so far
removed from knowing the answers to such questions, you may want to
remove yourself further. If you are close enough to know the answers
but don't, you might want to tell your client to rethink either their
decision or your involvement. As "they" say, if you swing a hammer, all
you see is nails - I see this really as a contractual issue and have to
assume that none of the parties have talked to a lawyer, lol...