[aklug] Re: GCI caching DNS/whois too long?

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2014 - 10:18:36 AKDT

Yesterday when I was troubleshooting this on the phone with the tech, google's
servers were returning different (correct) results than were the GCI servers.
I finally deleted the DNS records out-right on the old host, and now I guess
that finally forced GCI's servers to go re-fetch the whois information. In
this case, it wasn't so much that they were caching the DNS records too long
(the TTLs were right) but it seemed they were caching the whois information
too long.