[aklug] Re: UNDELETE

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 19:32:55 AKST

I have a fun one where I have a dead drive that was part of a two disk
linear block device. It was a dual disk USB drive that I thought was
mirrored.. alas it was an append of two drives half the size I thought they
were. Yay.

So here's the deal. I need to dump the contents of one to a disk image..
then somehow magically move the platters over. Anybody know how feasible
this is? I'd also like to get data recovered from this funky situation.