[aklug] Re: UNDELETE

From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@zuelow.net>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 18:18:28 AKST

On Tuesday, March 04, 2014 13:37:44 Bill Bouterse wrote:

> I have read many, many RTFM and searched endlessly. However I know once
> one begins to attempt recovery YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
> It happen to me over 15 years ago and with the tools at the time I
> accomplished nothing.
>
> Has anyone had a successful recovery of anything similar.?
>
> WH (Bill) Bouterse
> Now Residing in Juneau

Yes,

Trinity Rescue Kit has a couple of utilities that you can use to recover
deleted files and partitions.

It scans the drive looking for orphaned inodes.

I haven't used a disk in a few years, but I have successfully recovered
deleted partitions and files from ext2 and ext3.

The newer version of Trinity might help.

James