[aklug] Re: AKLUG Poll: Wireless Technology Survey

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Sun Oct 06 2013 - 13:00:47 AKDT

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013, Jim Gribbin wrote:

> What do I win for being the lowest spec?
>
> 2 ea D-Link DIR-601s running dd-wrt
> 802.11g
> Ant. - 1x1
> 20 MHz
> 2.4 GHz
>
> The only thing these get reset for is when my LAN connection goes down.
> Sometime when it comes back up, I have to refresh the IP address. Combined,
> they've probably been running over 2 years.

I was on g for probably five years, as was late to the party by a few years.
I'd probably still be on it if it wasn't for the numbers of WAPs that have
sprouted up around me the last couple of years. Between their interference
and the impact of TimeMachine on the network, I just couldn't hack it
anymore.

Thanks for the reply, btw, including myself I have a total of four
datapoints for this survey so far. Methinks this poll is going to be
statistcally insignificant...

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die