[aklug] Re: New NETGEAR R6300v2 AC 1750 Router

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Wed Oct 02 2013 - 12:32:37 AKDT

Top posting because exchange, and I'm lazy:

Just put up an Asus-AC66R, which is the near equivalent to the netgear of OP.

Testing with my new Galaxy S4, I'm able to pull 100mb/s in either direction, from the ookla speedtest site.

Uh.. yeah, I've got it hooked up to "The Internet" via a 1Gb link, so what?

I also have an draft-AC usb client adapter, but I haven't had the chance to build the drivers for
it and test it out on my laptop. I'll probably do that in a week or two, once my project schedule
dies down a bit.

In any case, the multiple radios and multiple antennas make sharing the bandwidth across multiple
generations of devices a lot nicer than prior generations.

If only they weren't in the 200$ range!