[aklug] Re: too quiet...

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Wed Jun 12 2013 - 19:57:24 AKDT

Okay, now I'm just going to get annoying /and/ politically incorrect...

But was there anyone else who got a little uncomfortable when UofA
decided to transfer e-mail, calendar, documents, etc. entirely over to
Google? Or am I just the lone, backwoods hick who can't see how the cost
savings justifies complete loss of control?

(Humorously, we /do/ require that Google authenticate against our auth
system, thus preventing Google from seeing our UA passwords. The idea
being: a company that has complete and unrestrained access to all of our
e-mail communication, shouldn't also be able to log into our Blackboard
accounts. :)

--
frigidcode.com