[aklug] Re: too quiet...

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Wed Jun 12 2013 - 09:45:13 AKDT

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013, Christopher Howard wrote:

> That's just silly. They don't read the e-mails themselves... just the
> address fields. ;)
>
> Was there really a single soul on this e-mail list who was even slightly
> surprised to hear that the NSA farms Google e-mail content and Facebook
> personal data?

Not at all, which is why I refuse to use all that crap.

Notice the language from Zuckerberg, etc., about how they don't allow the
government direct access to their servers. They're probably telling the
truth, but they're not saying anything about any network taps which may or
may not be sitting directly behind their SSL accelerators, dumping to
government owned and controlled hardware...

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die