[aklug] Re: Kodiak woman receives dubious treatment from State Trooper

From: Jiin Jade <jiin@vitalsols.com>
Date: Sun May 05 2013 - 19:38:57 AKDT

I couldn't agree more.

The government is proving itself to not be part of the solution, rather it
appears they are THE PROBLEM. One thing I learned living amongst the Maya
for two years in Guatemala is we don't need government. In fact, the only
thing the Guatemalan government ever did for the Maya was kill them. Most
of the Maya still live in smaller tribes 1000-5000 people and they
naturally govern themselves without an official government. If we look at
our own history our forefathers tell us we don't need taxes and resist
tyranny and the loss of freedom at all costs. They warn us of the growth
of government and its tendency to want to control. If we continue to let
the weed grow unchecked it will consume our garden and us in the process.

WIthin open source comunities I see a shining diamond. I suspect the open
source culture has antiquated our current form of government. We don't need
to elect a personality or a "Republican/Democrat" rather we "vote in" the
best idea or model. I am not saying the Maya or open source communities are
without their challenges but they are direct proof we don't need
"Government" or least the version we currently have. Call me jaded but I
think we just need to start governing ourselves bases on respect, love and
knowledge.

in other words "Your source talks and bullsh!t walks"