[aklug] Calling retro-computer types

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Sun May 05 2013 - 18:34:18 AKDT

Greetings:

I have a working Fujitsu Siemens small footprint computer from the old days,
free to a good home... or the trash heap. This was meant to be a network
thin client, housing an AMD K5-200MHz processor, probably 512MB RAM, with
onboard ethernet and ATI Rage IIC graphics. It has two 3.5" drive bays
available, along with a 5.25" bay as well. IDE, of course, with USB 1.0.

Good little box. This used to be my reference box for Nevaeh Linux
backwards compatibility tests. If you love retro systems and want to run
Win 95 or older, DOS, even OS/2 Warp, this baby will work marvelously. :-)

Unfortunately for me, the biological baby is growing, and squeezing out the
electronic babies. All attempts to fuse them into cyborg babies have
failed. Maybe you can succeed.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die