[aklug] Re: Kodiak woman receives dubious treatment from State Trooper

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sun May 05 2013 - 08:07:09 AKDT

* Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> [130503 18:14]:
> I want to draw some attention to this:
>
> http://youtu.be/D_hCd9uwsng
>
> It appears from the video that a young woman is very badly treated by a
> State Trooper, who pushes her, throws her to the ground, and drags her
> to his vehicle in handcuffs while refusing to clearly explain why she is
> being arrested. (Or reading Miranda rights.)
>
> A Kodiak news article
> <https://kmxtnews2012.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/trooper-arrest-under-investigation-after-viral-video-post/>
> indicates that, when she moved next to him to close the door, he felt
> this was evidence she was about to assault him. From the video, it does
> not look at all as though she is moving to assault him, or anything that
> should make somebody armed and twice her size afraid.
>
> I'm quite certain that I do not have any real idea of how challenging
> and frustrating it must be to do the work of a State Trooper, and I do
> not know how wonderful a citizen the young woman is. But this sort of
> arrest does not seem right.
  I always try to look at both sides of the issue. Just as you might
  have already read in my previous post on this thread.

  From watching the video - there is a little I can do to stick up
  for the troopers. As someone who has seen a lot of law enforcement
  in action, I thought that the troopers necessarily argued with the
  girl and therefore allowed the tension in the room to escalate. By
  the time she "got into his space" he might have reacted with the
  memory of John Watson (Kenai Officer killed with his own gun) on
  his mind, but to my eyes - damage had already been done.

  And it gets worse from there...

  And bye the way, what is the use of contacting Captain Zero on
  this? Parnell is just another stuck in the mud bureaucrat.
  1)Contact Talk shows
  2)Contact radio stations.
  3)Contact news outlets, web and otherwise.
  The gov is not part of the solution.

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com