[aklug] Re: mobile Internet for your PC?

From: John <loadedmind@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 15 2013 - 06:10:50 AKDT

It doesn't appear that there's any firmware release that will allow the
port forwarding option. What I would recommend is to get a single-port
wifi router such as the TP-Link for $24:
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Repeater-150Mpbs/dp/B007PTCFFW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363356334&sr=8-5&keywords=tplink+router

It's extremely small and will perform port forwarding, among other
features. A couple of folks in our LUG have them and are quite pleased.

Regards,
John