[aklug] Re: Two drupal websites to check out

From: Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 07:15:57 AKST

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
>> It is a reflection of the difference between me and the drupal/PHP
>> community at large when I posted a question to their ML about
>> obfuscating the login and admin page URLs. I received some rather
>> impatient and possibly derisive comments that wondered aloud as to
>> why I would bother...
>
> I had a similar Drupal experience.
>
> http://drupal.org/node/1171756#comment-5842376

tl;dr version:

Hundreds of people have reported being affected by a bug in the
installer that is very difficult to debug, but the core development
team refuses to fix it or even publish a reproducible workaround.

If the installer is bad and not supported, I expect that Drupal itself
is similarly plagued, so I avoided.

--
Royce Williams