[aklug] Recommended MDA and Webmail interface to replace Gmail

From: David M. Syzdek <david@syzdek.net>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 10:55:29 AKST

HI AKLUG,

Over the last few years I've grown to be a lazy mail administrator (if I'd
even qualify for that title at this point) and have been handing e-mail
hosting for my domains to Google Apps. However, now that Google Apps is no
longer free for new signups, I need to put together my own solution for a
handful of new domains. I plan on using Sendmail for the MTA, Dovecot for
the MDA, and OpenLDAP to store the users' credentials. I am, however, very
weak in the area of open source web mail systems.

Do any of you have any recommendations for an Open Source web mail
interface? Preferably one which can use IMAPv4 keywords/tags to create a
Gmail like label interface.

Thanks,
David M. Syzdek