[aklug] Re: Recommended MDA and Webmail interface to replace Gmail

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 12:05:20 AKST

David,

I tried hosting my own email. It turned out to be more work than I thought. I wasn't able to provide the correct resources. That was my biggest problem.

I was a big fan of zabbix. This is a complete email system with a web interface. I think vmware owns it now. There was a free open source version. This was the best solution I could find.

The down side to zabbix was that it crashed a lot. For no reason at all the system would fall over and die. This might have changed. I hope.

That's my 2 cents.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone