[aklug] Re: e-mail scripting

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2013 - 10:43:43 AKST

On 01/01/2013 08:23 AM, Royce Williams wrote:

> In other words: why shoehorn the workflow into email, only to pull it
> out again? Skip the middle man. Use the richer set of tools available,
> instead of being constrained by only the things that email can do.

That does make sense. I shall look into that more. I am currently at
something of an impasse regarding upgrades to the Website, because the
current infrastructure is based on (*embarrassed cough*) Ruby on Rails.
So it will take me a while to either learn RoRs again, or replace the
framework. On the other hand, conversion and uploading the document from
e-mail attachment should not be difficult, if I can find a tool that
will properly deliver it to the correct script.

--
frigidcode.com