[aklug] Re: e-mail scripting

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2013 - 10:19:44 AKST

* Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> [121231 17:34]:
> On 12/31/2012 05:10 PM, Leif Sawyer wrote:
> > Piped aliases work great with postfix and sendmail. Been using them for years.
> >
> > It simply delivers the entire message to the script on stdin, so
> > you can do all your processing in whatever language you like.

> That's on the server side, yes? Or do I misunderstand? I DO NOT want to
> mess with my e-mail server config whatsoever.

  I'm pretty sure Leif is talking about the client side. There you
  could integrate one of the following : mutt, pine, alpine and
  others with sendmail, postfix, procmail and others. And another
  step on the pipe could be your processor in whatever language you
  wanted : Haskell, cobol, PHP, lisp - the list is endless :)

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com