[aklug] Re: Virtual Host on port 8080 not scriptaliasing

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 17:02:29 AKST

* R Denison <gaijin@gci.net> [121114 16:32]:
> On 11/14/2012 03:46 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
 Hi R
   I presume you have now read my solution.
   Red Herring!
> First guess, add a .py extension to the AddHandler directive:
>
> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .py
  Always have used that approach on linux, but docs in this
  httpd.conf say that the AddHandler directive is necessary only
  for files not in the scriptaliased path.
> >In addition the 8080 instance is not writing to logs at /var/log/apache2
> >and I'm not certain if it is attempting to write to any logs at all.
> >The logs at /var/log/apache2 are chmod 644 with ownership as
> >root:wheel. I've tried chmod 666 without any success.
> >This is on Mac OS X 10.7.
>
> Logs appear to be going to "/private/var/log/apache2/error_log".
>
> ErrorLog "/private/var/log/apache2/error_log"
>
> >Having logging for the 8080 instance disabled (or not found) is a
> >real disadvantage for me as a Not Found Error might generate the
> >filepath the browser is actually looking for.

> In this instance, I usually have a separate log for each vhost container
> defined, which will have errors specific to that vhost. General httpd
> logs will show up where they're defined in the global and should have
> errors for restarts, unreadable files, etc.
 And I had tried that approach myself.
 And as you have probably taken from my solution :
 There is a whole 'nuther apache under the drupal install and that
 is what is being used. Thus the Red Herring, or Snipe Hunt, as it
 were.
 thanks

--
Tim