[aklug] Re: Virtual Host on port 8080 not scriptaliasing

From: R Denison <gaijin@gci.net>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 16:29:02 AKST

On 11/14/2012 03:46 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> I'm having a problem setting up a second instance of apache on port
> 8080 to use the same scriptaliasing as the default instance.
> Example : where http://localhost/cgi-bin/cgitest.py works
> but : http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/cgitest.py gets a Not Found
> error.

First guess, add a .py extension to the AddHandler directive:

           AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .py

> In addition the 8080 instance is not writing to logs at /var/log/apache2
> and I'm not certain if it is attempting to write to any logs at all.
> The logs at /var/log/apache2 are chmod 644 with ownership as
> root:wheel. I've tried chmod 666 without any success.
> This is on Mac OS X 10.7.

Logs appear to be going to "/private/var/log/apache2/error_log".

           ErrorLog "/private/var/log/apache2/error_log"

> Having logging for the 8080 instance disabled (or not found) is a
> real disadvantage for me as a Not Found Error might generate the
> filepath the browser is actually looking for.

In this instance, I usually have a separate log for each vhost container
defined, which will have errors specific to that vhost. General httpd
logs will show up where they're defined in the global and should have
errors for restarts, unreadable files, etc.

R.