[aklug] Re: SSDs

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 18:37:59 AKST

While surfing on salvaging my EOL'd Lenny Thinkpad (my Gobook is next on
the service queue :) ) I revisited the blog that inspired me to salvage my
older machines and found a post about the limitations of his cf-card
adapter:

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2011/04/29/poor-mans-ssd-confusion-and-disappointment/

In a nutshell, his cf-card to IDE adapter worked wonders on the PII/III
machines but actually slowed down with the Celeron. Apparently the
bottleneck was with the IO hardware.

Clearance in my eeepc is too tight, otherwise I would've attempted the same
a year ago. Interesting...