[aklug] Re: Wife's hard drive is failing

From: David Prentice <ak.prentice@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 08:10:28 AKST

iTunes doesn't work well in native Windows. It only works well in OSX.
But OSX can be made to work in Virtualbox... so... that brings us back
to a linux host and virtualization. Except that I've never actually
been able to get OSX to work WELL in Virtualbox on this particular
computer with a Win7 host. It is like Wine being a hobby, not a
solution.

Found one - only one - "must have" for Windows. My daughters both love
playing Sims3. Allegedly it can be made to work with Wine
(PlayOnLinux). I've basically resigned myself to the conclusion that
this particular box will only reach its true potential as a linux host
when it finally becomes "too crusty" for everyone else to use. Which
is unlikely to happen any time soon, as vigilant as I've been about
making sure that garbage doesn't get installed on it.