[aklug] Re: SSDs

From: Alan C. <alan@caruth.org>
Date: Fri Oct 19 2012 - 16:39:38 AKDT

I have Momentus XT 500GB drives in two computers. Overall I've been happy with the performance of the drives as fixed platter hard drives, with this said, the move to SSD was a night-and-day performance difference. From here forward (until SSD's are close to the same price as HDs) if I need tons of space I'll still purchase a platter-based hard drive but if I'm building a desktop I'll install a SSD as my boot/program/pagefile drive and use the hard drive as my media store.

-Alan