[aklug] Re: Linux/Drupal/PHP/Latest LJ

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 18:09:12 AKDT

* Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us> [121010 18:03]:
> I'm not a programmer so I can't say anything about php as a
> programming language. I can say that I have seen php all over the web.
> I can also say that content management systems are the way to go. No
> more editing every page just to add more content.
 No need to CC me. I'm a mutt/pine guy.

> I use WordPress to manage my website. It's a simple, easy to use CMS
> written in php. I'de like to learn how themes are made but I haven't
> had the time. Themes are done in php and cms.
>
> I tried working with Drupal once. There is a learning curve. One that
> was a little too steep for me. I had a friend say he was able to
> figure it out. I might give it another try in the future. People say
> good things about Drupal.
  I've been a CGI programmer for 17 years now. I have developed my
  own frameworks in serveral programming languages, but not a CMS.
  I am playing with drupal and will perhaps use it on a personal
  website.
  I'm interested in comments about the linux/drupal association as
  quoted by the LJ publishers - LJ's content is maintained by
  drupal.

  thanks, Damien

--
Tim