[aklug] Re: Linux/Drupal/PHP/Latest LJ

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 17:58:17 AKDT

I'm not a programmer so I can't say anything about php as a
programming language. I can say that I have seen php all over the web.
I can also say that content management systems are the way to go. No
more editing every page just to add more content.

I use WordPress to manage my website. It's a simple, easy to use CMS
written in php. I'de like to learn how themes are made but I haven't
had the time. Themes are done in php and cms.

I tried working with Drupal once. There is a learning curve. One that
was a little too steep for me. I had a friend say he was able to
figure it out. I might give it another try in the future. People say
good things about Drupal.

That's my two cents.