[aklug] KUAC on Linux

From: Erinn Looney-Triggs <erinn.looneytriggs@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2012 - 13:08:31 AKDT

I have to admit internet radio is an end of things that I haven't paid
much attention to. But having no radio reception where I am at, having
exhausted my own collection of music, and not wanting to shell out for
more, I figured I might listen to some public radio, maybe learn
something in the process.

KUAC out of Fairbanks streams, at http://kuac.streamon.fm/ however I
don't really want a browser window open to listen to this, so does
anyone know of a player for this? It seems that a lot of stations will
offer their stream in one format or another that will work with say
amarok, but it doesn't look like KUAC is one of them, in fact it looks
to my untrained eye, like it will have to be a bit of a hack to get it
to work.

Any suggestions?

-Erinn