[aklug] Re: Webhosting

From: mike figley <michaelfigley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Aug 23 2012 - 01:00:05 AKDT

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:13:24 -0800, Jim MacDonald wrote:

> Anyone got any suggestions on Webhosting=85 I don't need anything fancy,
> = I already have private email and the domain.. I just need somewhere to
> = put the website. I would like it capable enough to run Drupal or =
> Wordpress=85 and keep it local if I can=85
>
> Jim MacDonald
> jim@macdonald.org

For misc low-traffic or non-critical websites,
I've been playing with minimal VPS hosting at alienlayer.com -

QpenVZ = $19/Year
KVM = $45/Year

You get to build your own host, with several OS choices

Their minimal OpenVZ runs a small Rails app fine..

Beware, if you run out of RAM on openvz, bad things
happen (no swap)

--
Yes, it's really threaded!