[aklug] Ubuntu/Unity : was Re: Re: (no subject)

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Jun 07 2012 - 07:38:28 AKDT

* Doug Davey <doug.davey@gmail.com> [120607 07:16]:
> 11.10 is the first Ubuntu release that doesn't have Gnome as a fall back,
> it is Unity only. There is a newer version out, 12.04, which is a "LTS"
> version. This stands for "Long Term Support" and is meant to be a stable,
> long term version. It is likely a better choice.
  I recently installed 12.04 on my backup box (currently doing
  development on mac mini) I like it for performance, but unity is a
  new ball game. There are instructions available for setting up
  icons on the desktop,
  http://www.liberiangeek.net/2012/04/add-application-shortcuts-to-your-desktop-in-ubuntu-12-04-precise-pangolin/
  <grin> jus like on windoze - I guess
  But what the hell, linux, mac, *nix under the covers right?

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com