[aklug] Re: IPv6 benefits me...

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Wed Jun 06 2012 - 15:01:01 AKDT

Actually, what's being discussed within the CableLabs area
is -multiple- IPv6 networks for the home.

It requires the support of new CPE devices, of course, but the
only way to get around the zero-NAT on IPv6 is to provide
enough address space to deal with multiple levels of networks
within the home. =20

There are a lot of caveats and a lot of work to do with this
proposal, so I won't spend any time trying to summarize.

Most likely, though, folks will get at least 4-bits worth
of netspace to play with at home, when all is said and done.

=20