[aklug] GCI static IP's

From: Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2012 - 20:39:34 AKDT

Hi all,
For a number of reasons some of them personal, some professional, I find myself desiring to have a static IP external IP address configured for my home network. I use GCI. I just checked and they charge 10$ a month for a static IP. This seems pretty steep to me for what is essentially an IP reservation setting in their DHCP server. I have considered using DDNS for some of what I want to do but I suspect that for other uses I will need an actual static IP address. Does any have any suggestions on how to best go about this? That doesn't involve paying a 10$ extortion fee every month?

Jim MacDonald
jim@macdonald.org

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail