[aklug] Re: Tor + Firefox

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2012 - 08:12:33 AKST

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Christopher Howard wrote:

> I could go on about all the other ways I locked down my browsing
> privacy (HTTPS enforcement, cookie blocking, et cetera) and the
> related struggles, but doubtlessly I'm boring everyone already.

Some of us take our protecting our privacy seriously. Most people
appear to be quite content to trade their privacy for convenience.
Anyone truly serious about privacy, however, shouldn't be using social
networking sites, or even "business-oriented" ones like LinkedIn.
And no one, to be certain, should be using any externally hosted
e-mail services, etc., or *anything* on Google. Likewise, smart phones
are a serious impediment to privacy.

In short, privacy, like security, can't be done half way.

Personally, I don't use Tor, so I can't help you with that. Sorry.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die