[aklug] Re: VM's and firewalls

From: techno curmudgeon <technocurmudgeon@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2012 - 09:21:07 AKST

+1 on shorewall, though be aware it doesn't always play well with NFS.

+1 on proxmox.

On proxmox though, be aware that their usb and (I think) CD
'hot-swapping' is well behind Virtualbox's (and VMWare's). Still have
to use the VM's console to do anything like that. If I were to guess
I'd say they're waiting to see what KVM does, and KVM in turn is
waiting on SPICE. That's just my guess though. With those
constraints, I use proxmox for sandboxing and learning and proof of
concepts, and it works marvelously.