[aklug] Re: ReSeller Accounts

From: Piet van Weel <pmvw@outwardfocus.net>
Date: Wed Jan 18 2012 - 11:46:42 AKST

Good Questions Joshua...
1st Question:
Most hosting accounts use the same IP for various domains, it makes it
easier that way. I pay extra to have a dedicated IP just for my domain. :)
What the current hosting is specifying is that they have such a limited IP
selection that unless you can provide justification for it, they are not
going to be allowing me to renew my dedicated IP address.

2nd Question:
Currently my DNS is also at my hosting location. In the DNS it specifies
that www.outwardfocus.net actually points to a smugmug account. (As do
several other domains that I host.) They made a policy against doing it...
All in all it's making me want to leave and find another reseller account.