[aklug] Re: ReSeller Accounts

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Wed Jan 18 2012 - 11:51:45 AKST

On Wednesday, January 18, 2012, Piet van Weel elucidated thus:
> Good Questions Joshua...
> 1st Question:
> Most hosting accounts use the same IP for various domains, it makes
> it easier that way. I pay extra to have a dedicated IP just for my
> domain. :) What the current hosting is specifying is that they have
> such a limited IP selection that unless you can provide
> justification for it, they are not going to be allowing me to renew
> my dedicated IP address.

Ah, your your dedicated box has (at least) two IP addresses? Or do you
have a dedicated box?

> 2nd Question:
> Currently my DNS is also at my hosting location. In the DNS it
> specifies that www.outwardfocus.net actually points to a smugmug
> account. (As do several other domains that I host.) They made a
> policy against doing it... All in all it's making me want to leave
> and find another reseller account.

That's odd. Why do they care of the DNS you use points outide their IP
space? Just about anyone that allows you to host DNS doesn't care about
that. Yeah, that would drive me away too.

> 2012/1/18 Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
>
> > > #2. I am in violation of their policies which direct people away
> > > from their server for the primary web address. (Multiple
> > > Accounts of Violation on this last one.)
> >
> > Can you explain what that means? Why are you supposed to direct
> > people to them?

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK