[aklug] Re: Stop Online Piracy Act, a.k.a., Internet blacklist bill

From: Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2011 - 05:27:59 AKST

I just don't see how they are going to do this without modifying the =
client TCP/IP stack. Basically they want to turn every node into a =
router with added software to monitor the network and reroute in case of =
outage. Not sure how they are going to do that with a stated goal of =
making a regular TCP/IP stack work with it. Also I am concerned with =
Overhead on the client machine.

Jim MacDonald
jim@macdonald.org

On Nov 24, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Christopher Howard wrote:

> On 11/24/2011 01:20 PM, Jim MacDonald wrote:
>> Knowing our luck lately getting our elected officials to vote what =
the =3D
>> constituency wants, I would like to propose Plan B.
>>=20
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/darknetplan/
>>=20
>> "A mesh network is basically a network where each client(user) =
directly =3D
>> connects to other clients in the network instead of all of the =
clients =3D
>> being attached to a cable leading to an Internet Service Provider. =
This =3D