[aklug] Re: Small Rant: TLS 1.2

From: <bryanm@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun Nov 27 2011 - 05:03:20 AKST

On Sat, November 26, 2011 12:44 am, Christopher Howard wrote:
> [begin rant]
<snip>
> Firefox and Chromium are both browsers that are advertised as cutting
> edge, and I think in many respects they have been. But I'm a little
> annoyed that both of these browsers still only support TLS 1.0, even
> though TLS 1.2 was defined two years ago and TLS 1.1 was defined 5 years
> ago. Both browsers depend on the NSS library, which only supports 1.0 at
> this time. Currently there are plans to implement 1.1, but nobody seems
> to have any idea when 1.2 will become available.
<snip>
> [end rant]

Stick to your guns, Christopher. The experienced developers working
on projects like these may have a better understanding of why it
hasn't been implemented yet, but maybe what they need is some young
blood to tell them to get off their duffs and get it done!

Of course, if it's important enough to you, learn more about it
and show them up by implementing it yourself!

--
Bryan Medsker
bryanm@acsalaska.net