[aklug] Re: Linux help for UAA student

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 19 2011 - 14:47:47 AKST

For the wireless, yes. When we compiled and installed the driver, it set
it up so HAL knows which driver module to run on boot. We re-booted a
couple of times and the wireless came right up every time

The wired interface was another story. We found lots of documentation on
getting the wired, Atheros, network running. We downloaded and compiled
the drivers. We used modprobe to install each of the potential drivers,
but none wanted to claim the interface.

--
Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>