[aklug] Re: FSF taking up arms against Secure Boot

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 22:56:58 AKDT

On 10/18/2011 09:05 PM, Royce Williams wrote:
> http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/statement

Did some more reading. Correct me if I misunderstand how this works:

Problem: Microsoft provides insecure operating system that loads
malicious drivers
"Solution": Force OEMs to ship PCs that only load drivers signed by
Microsoft

What the heck happened to layer isolation? When did it become the
hardware's job to tell the operating system what drivers it is allowed
to load?

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us