[aklug] Re: FSF taking up arms against Secure Boot

From: Allen Hill <sstdesigner@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 01:55:08 AKDT

Hey, did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? (Animal House quot=
e).

I see this as a call for us to gather around and watch Microsoft flush itsel=
f down it's own toilet!

How you might wonder? Well, what does it take to donate a little to start ou=
r own hardware manufacturing? Why haven't I seen any Linux commercials on TV=
? "Tired of the hassle of proprietary computing? Too afraid to try anything e=
lse because of all the quirks you've had to work around? Do you think someth=
ing new will be just as bad? Tired of living as a product of a dumbed down s=
ociety? Well not any more!"

Reach the youth and revolutionize! Occupy your computer!

Send representatives to talk with R & D departments of existing manufacturer=
s.

I'll crawl back in my cave and shut up now.