[aklug] Re: Mac - Download xcode nightmare

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Sun Oct 02 2011 - 13:17:03 AKDT

> I am prompted to review account information with reference to
> Itunes. The account dialagues ask for Credit Card info, and if I do
> not enter such, no 'continue' button is activated, if I choose
> 'cancel' I am back where I started (item 3) I am - to quote Apple's
> own address in an 'infinite loop'.

Yes, credit card on file is part and parcel of dealing w AppStore, even where there is no charge.

I was not aware that there was now an option from macports, and if it works that is great though you should confirm whether it will then need to be updated through macports update or through apple software update (I am wondering whether macports install will register Xcode for apple update)