[aklug] Re: Mac - Download xcode nightmare

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sun Oct 02 2011 - 12:54:44 AKDT

* Marc Grober <marc@interak.com> [111002 12:03]:
> up til now the easiest was to install Xcode was via the install DVD
> installing via the Apple dev site was always a hassle
> but as jeremny noted, if you use the App Store application things are a
> bit easier now....
> But I think you may be int he wrong place....
> Did you click on the App Store icon (not the itunes icon) and search and
> find Xcode 4.1.1? Did you click on "Free" button, then click on the
> "Install" button?
Let's try a couple of paths here:
1)Click on 'App Store' from menu.
2)Apply 'seach' for xcode.
3)Select xcode icon
4)Click on 'Free'
5)Changes to 'Install App'
6)click on 'Install App'
7)Enter Apple ID + password & click on 'Sign in'.
Here's where it goes sideways:

I am prompted to review account information with reference to
Itunes. The account dialagues ask for Credit Card info, and if I do
not enter such, no 'continue' button is activated, if I choose
'cancel' I am back where I started (item 3) I am - to quote Apple's
own address in an 'infinite loop'.

thanks - I note barsalou's request to keep this public..

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com