[aklug] Re: Mac + linux

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 11:16:14 AKDT

* Tom Simes <simestd@netexpress.com> [110929 11:08]:
> DOH! It just dawned on me that you might have thought a Mac Mini and a
> Dell Mini 9 were somehow related.
 :) No. But thanks.
> The Dell Mini 9 is an older Netbook
> that Dell used to make. Many people snapped them up because the
> particular hardware combination made it trivial to convert to a fully
> functional OS X Netbook. I love mine and use it all the time - it's my
> default portable machine whether I'm headed out for some quick Wireshark
> captures, doing a little 'shoping with Gimp or just surfing and e-mail.
> If mine croaked, I'd be stalking eBay for another ASAP.
  Dell has a 'mini' - sort of ..
  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MF3C2M/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002XXEB0M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NFTZ7F9Z54BCFKYSN1B
  My interest in setting up a linux dual-boot would be performance.
  And with 8 GB of RAM, that may be moot....

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com