[aklug] Re: The info on google.com/linux

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2011 - 12:28:47 AKDT

Bruce said re: ixquick:
> engine. Will it matter to Google that we've done this? Not in and of
> ourselves; but if enough other people show their distaste with Google not
> providing that service anymore, it might make a difference somewhere.

I think the chances of this are very slim, at least concerning the
topic-specific searches. LUGgers are a teeensy minority.

Commercial success is built on (if not being all things to all men)
having 90% of what 90% of your users need. Google might be taking a
clue from Apple here.

Not that commercial success is everything;
jermudgeon