[aklug] Re: First pxeboot!

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Sat Mar 26 2011 - 13:48:54 AKDT

http://www.rom-o-matic.net/

Helps when you want to boot PXE without a boot enabled NIC as well as
when you want to use a floppy/usb/cdrom/hdd/taco as the first stage of
a PXE boot with or without static arguments.

If you're familiar with QEMU/KVM you'll note that there is a -kernel
-initrd and -append option that lets you test things quickly.
VirtualBox, VMware, QEMU/KVM support network booting as well so you
can further your tests.

- Shane

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Christopher Howard
<christopher.howard@frigidcode.com> wrote:
> Is dhcp/bootp a required part of this whole schema? It seems like, if i a=
lready know my ip address and the address of the tftp server, i should be a=
ble to enter them at boot time if i want to. Or am i missing something?