[aklug] Re: Perl and ACLs

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 14:43:40 AKDT

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Christopher Howard wrote:

<snip>

> So it would seem that this -r test for effective user is not "ACL aware"
> (should it be?) and that the original troublesome CGI script (which I
> did not write) should not be using -r to test if file is readable. But
> then, if it should not be using -r, then what should it be using?
>
> Or is there anything I am misunderstanding here?

The standard behavior for the test operators is to work strictly off of the
stat data. But, as you found out, stat is incomplete with regard to
extended permission sets.

End sum, POSIX ACL support in Perl is imperfect, at best, but there is
some support for them. What you needs it the 'filetest' pragma. See the
man page for filetest(3). It may or may not satisfy your needs.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die