[aklug] Re: Fwd: Re: FOSS users group

From: Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 18:14:56 AKDT

Shane R. Spencer said, on 03/14/2011 02:15 PM:
> On 03/14/2011 12:25 PM, Allen Hill wrote:
>> Why not eliminate some of those initial "fears" by using a live distro? I already have a few on hand: sabayon, fedora, ubuntu and dsl. I wouldn't mind burning a few disks in exchange for hanging out and learning a thing or two.

Definitely - multiple options for different types of people.
Personally, if I am in learning mode, I prefer to have my main system
available at the same time, available in parallel ... but many folks
might not have that luxury.

> I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything I've ever done to eliminate fear for
> anybody no matter how hard I've tried.

Eliminate? No. But we might be able to reduce it to the point that it
is no longer a barrier to moving forward. I see that happen every day. :-)

Royce