[aklug] Re: OT:? CMS at ASD

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2011 - 17:52:29 AKST

Scott, your figures would be off, as ASD will still pay someone $20K+
to manage the CMS locally... the $140K is for licensing and maintenance
and corporate support only..... And it does not include content
management, just structural management.

So, yes, if we divide the $140K by 5 and add $20K I would be happy to
manage Drupal to do the same thing.... and have done the equivalent in
the past - lol. Thats about $48K/yr which is damn good pay for a half
time job ;=} (I think I was paid some $50K plus benefits to provide the
equivalent service and it took a good deal less than 20 hours a week... )

I did post to the ASD facebook site this comparison:
http://www.cmsmatch.com/compare/content-management-systems/1191%201068%2011%20787

And this is for the District, Jim.... The unions are quite a ways from
being able to handle any substantive web 2.0 technology - lol - AEA
still freaked out by Lyris ;=} The IT BRT argued against zangle and for
investing in open software expertise before ASD purchase zangle, and the
mess that zangle currently is was largely predicted by the BRT.