[aklug] OT:? CMS at ASD

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2011 - 09:06:47 AKST

Chatting with Mike Fleckenstein at ASD about issues with iCal
subscriptions to ASD's WebEvent installation he mentioned that ASD
hadn't upgraded WebEvent because they were going to a new CMS with
calendar. Sniffing about I discovered that ASD had approved a contract
for CMS in September. While I thought it unfortunate that ASD chose
TerminalFour for its new CMS, I didn't realize just how unfortunate it
was when taken in liht of the argued budget shortfalls..... $140,000 or
five years. Why oh why-o? Take a gander at the technical requirements.

                        ******************

9. ASD Memorandum #17 – Award of Contract: Web Content Management System
It is the Administration’s recommendation that the School Board approve
and authorize the Superintendent to award a contract to TerminalFour to
provide a Web Content Management System (CMS) as follows: Implementation
costs and software license in the amount of $80,738 for FY 2010-2011;
maintenance and support renewal in the amount of $11,937 for FY
2011-2012; maintenance and support renewal in the amount of $11,937 for
FY 2012-2013; maintenance and support renewal in the amount of $11,937
for FY 2013-2014; maintenance and support renewal in the amount of
$11,937 for FY 2014-2015, and maintenance and support renewal in the
amount of $11,937 for FY 2015-2016 for a total contract amount of
$140,423.

See, Board Minutes for September 13, 2010
http://www.asdk12.org/School_Board/Archives/2010-2011/Minutes/20100913R.pdf
approving Memorandum 17 on Agenda for September 13, 2010.
http://www.asdk12.org/School_Board/Archives/2010-2011/20100913/H09M017.pdf
based upon RFP2009-605 which requires in pertinent part.....

        Technical requirements
1) Uses Active Directory for authentication and authorization.
2) Supports a testing/staging and production server environment with
sync capability between the tiers.
3) Robust API for custom development.
4) SIF 2.0 compliant with preference for certification.
5) Compliant with SSL, preference for selective SSL for portions of
content.
6) Back-up utility with ability to bring the system back to a particular
point in time.
7) To be hosted on Anchorage School District servers in the following
preferred environment:
        i. Windows 2003/2008 64-bit
        ii. ASP.net 2.0 and 3.5
        iii. IIS 6+