[aklug] Re: OT:? CMS at ASD

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2011 - 09:19:25 AKST

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Marc Grober wrote:

> Chatting with Mike Fleckenstein at ASD about issues with iCal
> subscriptions to ASD's WebEvent installation he mentioned that ASD
> hadn't upgraded WebEvent because they were going to a new CMS with
> calendar. Sniffing about I discovered that ASD had approved a contract
> for CMS in September. While I thought it unfortunate that ASD chose
> TerminalFour for its new CMS, I didn't realize just how unfortunate it
> was when taken in liht of the argued budget shortfalls..... $140,000 or
> five years. Why oh why-o? Take a gander at the technical requirements.

<snip>

The examples of ASD's incompetence in technical and budgetary matters is
legion. I was on the budget advisory committee once (I'll never be asked
back) and seeing it stacked with teachers and staff with obvious conflicts
of interest I've long given up any hope of ASD being able to be reformed.
They're thoroughly corrupt, from Cuomo on down to the unions.

I've since pulled my daughter out of ASD's corrupting influence and she is
now homeschooled. Of course, as a property owner, I'm still funding this
failed atrocity of an educational system involuntarily.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die